" ‘Green News Report’ – July 10, 2014 "
IN TODAY’S RADIO REPORT: Debunking Neil Cavuto of Fox ‘News’ and the 1970′s ‘global cooling’ myth; Anti-science nuttery alive and well in Kentucky…and Mars; BP oil still contaminating fish in the Gulf; Canada’s tar sands linked to cancer spike in First Nations tribes; PLUS: Popular pesticide may be killing off the birds and the bees … All that and more in today’s Green News Report!
Please help us connect the climate change dots over your public airwaves!
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DONATE!
Got comments, tips, love letters, hate mail? Drop us a line at GreenNews@BradBlog.com or right here at the comments link below. All GNRs are always archived at GreenNews.BradBlog.com.
IN ‘GREEN NEWS EXTRA’ (see links below): Federal government still spending billions to subsidize fossil fuels; Global warming at root of ‘utterly unprecedented’ summer flood; Helsinki’s ambitious plan will make cars obsolete; Most Americans say they’ll vote against climate change deniers; Carbon pollution standards reduce electricity rates; Greenpeace tells Lego ‘everything is not awesome’; Fossil fuels are the new subprime investments; Australia climate politics stranger than fiction … PLUS: Even if coal were free, it couldn’t compete with solar … and much, MUCH more! …
STORIES DISCUSSED ON TODAY’S ‘GREEN NEWS REPORT’…
- No, Neil Cavuto, Scientists Didn’t Predict An Ice Age in the 1970s:
- VIDEO: On Fox News, Climate Change Is Still Up For Debate (Media Matters)
- What were climate scientists predicting in the 1970s? Not an ice age. (Skeptical Science):
- BP’s Oil Spill Still Contaminating Fish in the Gulf:
- Canadian Tar Sands Linked to Cancer Clusters:
- Study finds unusual contamination in animals near oilsands (Calgary Herald):
- Just Killing Everything: Bee-Killing Pesticide Linked To Decline in Birds:
- Declines in insectivorous birds are associated with high neonicotinoid concentrations (Nature):
- Neonicotinoids linked to recent fall in farmland bird numbers (Guardian UK) [emphasis added]
- VIDEO: Second Silent Spring? Bird Declines Linked to Popular Pesticides (National Geographic):
- Rich Republicans Most Likely To Deny Global Warming:
- Study: Rich Republicans Are the Worst Climate Deniers (Mother Jones) [emphasis added]:
- Anti-Science Nuttery in Kentucky:
‘GREEN NEWS EXTRA’ (Stuff we didn’t have time for in today’s audio report)…
- Even if coal were free, it couldn’t compete with solar (Renew Economy):
- Federal Government Still Spending Billions To Subsidize Fossil Fuels (Huffington Post Green):
- Changing climate at root of ‘utterly unprecedented’ summer flood (Vancouver Sun) [emphasis added]:
- Helsinki’s ambitious plan to make car ownership pointless in 10 years (Guardian UK):
- Chevron Admits The Truth: Oil Shale Will Use Huge Amounts Of Western Water (Climate Progress)
- Politics Global Warming, Spring 2014 (Yale Project for Climate Communication) [emphasis added]:
- The Chamber is Wrong Again: Carbon Pollution Limits Will Lower Electricity Bills by Billions of Dollars, and Generate Hundreds of Thousands of Jobs, Not the Reverse (NRDC Switchboard)
- Lego told ‘everything is not awesome’ in viral Greenpeace video: With nearly 1m page views, film of an oil-stricken Arctic built from Lego bricks is latest salvo in campaign against Shell deal (Guardian UK)
- Despite Ohio Freeze, Renewable Energy Continues To Be Hot (Clean Technica)
- “Fossil industry is the subprime danger of this cycle” – solar is the future. (Jeremy Leggett’s Blog) [emphasis in original]:
- Climate Politics Are Stranger Than Fiction In Australia (Climate Progress):
- Renewable Energy Provided 1/3 of Germany’s Energy in First Half of 2014 (Climate Progress):
- Zero carbon and economic growth can go together, UN study says (Guardian UK):
- World Bank: Fighting Climate Change Would Boost Global Economy Up To $2.6 Trillion A Year (Climate Progress) [emphasis added]:
FOR MORE on Climate Science and Climate Change, go to our Green News Report: Essential Background Page
- Video Proof That Global Warming is a ‘Hoax’!: NASA Temperature Data 1888-2011 (The BRAD BLOG):
- NASA climate change video: This is the U.S. in 2100 (NASA).